Citrus Fiber Suppliers
Citrus fiber is high in soluble and insoluble fiber
Citrus Fiber Suppliers
Citrus fiber is high in soluble and insoluble fiber
What is Citrus Fiber?
Citrus fiber powder is a natural fiber powder that has been gaining popularity among food manufacturers in recent years. As consumers increasingly demand healthier and more sustainable food options, citrus powder suppliers have been responding by offering high-quality and wholesale citrus fiber at competitive prices. Bulk citrus fiber is particularly popular among food companies that are looking for an all-natural alternative to traditional thickeners and stabilizers. Whether you are looking to reduce the sugar and fat content of your products or simply enhance their nutritional profile, citrus fiber powder is an excellent choice that is both effective and affordable.
Citrus fiber, also known as citrus pulp or citrus meal, is a type of dietary fiber that is derived from the peels and pulp of citrus fruits, such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits. It is produced by grinding the whole citrus fruit, including the peel and pulp, into a fine powder.
Citrus fiber is high in soluble and insoluble fiber, making it a valuable ingredient in a variety of food products. It is often used as a thickening agent, stabilizer, and emulsifier in food products, and can also be used to improve the nutritional profile of foods.
The production of citrus fiber as an ingredient dates back to the mid-20th century, when the citrus industry began to explore ways to make use of the pulp and peels that were left over after juice extraction. By grinding the whole citrus fruit into a fine powder, the industry was able to create a high-fiber ingredient that could be used in a variety of food products. Today, citrus fiber is produced in many different regions of the world where citrus fruits are grown, including China, the United States, Spain, and Brazil.
Commercial Production of Citrus Fiber
The commercial production of citrus fiber typically involves several steps, including:
- Collection and cleaning: Citrus peels and pulp are collected from processing plants or directly from citrus groves. The fruit is washed and cleaned to remove any dirt, debris, or residual pesticides.
- Drying: The cleaned fruit is then dried to remove the moisture content. There are several methods for drying citrus fruit, including air drying, sun drying, and mechanical drying.
- Grinding: Once the fruit is dry, it is ground into a fine powder using specialized equipment such as hammer mills, pin mills, or impact mills. The resulting powder is typically referred to as citrus pulp or citrus meal.
- Extraction and purification: The citrus pulp is then processed to extract the soluble fiber, which is the primary component of citrus fiber. The fiber is purified and concentrated using various methods, including enzymatic treatments, centrifugation, and filtration.
- Packaging: The final product is typically packaged in large bags or drums and shipped to food manufacturers or other customers.
The commercial production of citrus fiber can vary depending on the manufacturer and the specific application of the product. Some manufacturers may add additional processing steps, such as heat treatment or acid washing, to modify the properties of the fiber. Overall, citrus fiber production is a complex process that requires specialized equipment and expertise in order to produce a high-quality product.
Are you looking for a natural and sustainable ingredient that can enhance the texture and nutritional profile of your food products? Look no further than Ingreland’s citrus fiber!
Our citrus fiber is derived from the pulp and peel of citrus fruits and is a versatile ingredient. Don’t settle for low grade ingredients. Choose Ingreland for a high-quality and sustainable solution!
Citrus fiber is used in a variety of food products as a functional ingredient due to its unique properties. Some of the functions of citrus fiber include:
- Water binding: Citrus fiber has high water-binding capacity, which makes it a valuable ingredient in products such as baked goods and meat products, helping to improve their texture and moisture retention.
- Thickening and stabilizing: Citrus fiber can also function as a thickening agent and stabilizer, helping to improve the texture and consistency of sauces, dressings, and other products.
- Fat replacement: Citrus fiber can be used as a fat replacer in a variety of products, including dairy products and baked goods, helping to reduce the overall fat content while maintaining the desired texture and mouthfeel.
- Nutritional enhancement: Citrus fiber is a source of dietary fiber, which can help to increase the fiber content of food products and provide additional health benefits.
- Gluten replacement: Citrus fiber is often used as a gluten replacement in gluten-free products, helping to improve their texture and stability.
Citrus fiber is a versatile and functional ingredient that can be used in a variety of food products to improve their texture, stability, and nutritional value. Its unique properties make it a valuable tool for food manufacturers looking to improve the quality and healthfulness of their products.
Citrus Fiber Food Application
Citrus fiber is a versatile ingredient that is used in a wide variety of food products. Some of the common applications of citrus fiber include:
- Baked goods: Citrus fiber can be added to breads, muffins, and other baked goods to improve their texture, moisture retention, and shelf life.
- Meat products: Citrus fiber can be used in meat products such as sausages and burgers to improve their texture and reduce fat content.
- Dairy products: Citrus fiber can be used in dairy products such as yogurt and ice cream to improve their texture and stability.
- Beverages: Citrus fiber can be added to juices and smoothies to improve their texture and nutritional content.
- Dressings and sauces: Citrus fiber can be used as a thickener and stabilizer in salad dressings, sauces, and other condiments.
- Gluten-free products: Citrus fiber can be used as a gluten replacement in gluten-free products such as breads, cakes, and cookies.
- Nutritional supplements: Citrus fiber can be used as an ingredient in nutritional supplements such as protein powders and meal replacement shakes to increase the fiber content and provide other health benefits.
Overall, citrus fiber is a valuable ingredient in the food industry due to its functional properties and versatility. Its applications are wide-ranging, and it is used in many different products to improve texture, stability, and nutritional value.
Discover the natural power of Citrus Fiber by Ingreland today and take your food formulations to the next level! Contact us now to learn more and for further queries.
The Product Range
CITRIVA™️ natural citrus fiber provides multiple functionalities that benefit various food application.
CITRIVA™ D20 Citrus Fiber is a nature-derived, simple and CLEAN LABEL ingredient based on citrus peel. It can be used in yogurt and low sugar dairy products.
- Excellent water-binding and fat-emulsion capabilities. It helps prevent separation in products like yogurt and cheese, improving shelf-life and consistency.
- Improve the texture and mouthfeel of dairy products, making them seem creamier and more satisfying.
- Used as a fat replacement, maintaining a rich, creamy texture without the need for high levels of saturated fats.
CITRIVA™ AB20 Citrus Fiber is a nature-derived, simple and CLEAN LABEL ingredient based on citrus peel. It offers multiple benefits when used in acidic beverages, such as fruit juices, soft drinks, or sports drinks: .
- Stabilizer and Emulsifier
- Enhances Mouthfeel
- Fiber Enrichment
- Reduced Sugar
CITRIVA™ PB80 Citrus Fiber offers several benefits when used in plant-based protein beverages and dairy alternatives like almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, and vegan yogurt:
- Enhance the mouthfeel and texture of plant-based beverages, making them more similar to traditional dairy products.
- Improve the texture and consistency of plant-based beverages, which often contain components (like fats and proteins) that may separate without a stabilizer.
- In protein-rich plant-based beverages, CITRIVA™ PB80 citrus fiber can aid in protein stabilization. This can help to prevent sedimentation of protein particles and enhance the overall sensory experience of the drink.
CITRIVA™️ M60 citrus fiber is designed as a functional ingredient in meat processing, including the production of bacon, sausage, and other processed meats:
- Moisture Retention: CITRIVA™️ M60 Citrus fiber has excellent water-binding capabilities, which can improve the moisture retention in meat products. This can lead to juicier, more tender products and can also increase yield in commercial meat processing.
- Fat Replacement: CITRIVA™️ M60 citrus fiber can serve as a partial fat replacer in certain meat products, reducing overall fat content without sacrificing the desirable texture and juiciness that fat provides. This can be used to create healthier, lower-fat versions of traditional meat products.
- Emulsifier: CITRIVA™️ M60 citrus fiber can act as a natural emulsifier, helping to stabilize the mixture of water, fat, and protein in these products and improving their texture and consistency.
- Improved Texture: CITRIVA™️ M60 citrus fiber can contribute to a more desirable texture in processed meats. It can create a smoother, more uniform product, which is especially important in products like sausages.
CITRIVA™ CS40 Citrus Fiber is designed for improving the texture and consistency of custard sauces and jams:
- Stabilizer and Thickener: CITRIVA™ CS40 citrus fiber act as a natural stabilizer and thickener, prevent separation and enhance the quality of custard sauces and jams.
- Improved Texture: CITRIVA™ CS40 citrus fiber contributes to a smoother and more consistent texture, enhancing the overall consumer experience. It can also help maintain the spreadability of jams.
Nice support team
So far so good, the potency seems to be on the mark which makes me happy to come back and order more soon, thanks
We have integrated the citrus fiber powder from Ingerland into our food production, and it has been a valuable addition to our recipes. The natural citrus flavor adds a refreshing twist to our products, and the high fiber content aligns perfectly with our health-conscious brand.
Speak to a Team Member
Contact us today to find out more about our product offerings, to ask us any questions, or to let us know how we can assist you with a specific need.